The Government of The Guam requires all boats and jet skis to be registered. The registration process is designed to assist private boat owners in obtaining their registration in an efficient manner. This includes providing the necessary information such as the vessel's name, length, and engine information, as well as proof of ownership.
Anyone who owns a boat and complies with the conditions established by the Guam registration department is eligible to register their vessel.
Boat registration helps in ensuring safety, security, and proper enforcement of marine regulations. The specific process and requirements for boat registration may vary depending on the type and size of the boat.
Guam Boat Registration Advantages
Guam boat registration offers several advantages:
Legal Proof of Ownership: Registration provides legal documentation of boat ownership, safeguarding against theft and disputes.
Compliance with Guam Regulations: Registered boats must adhere to Guam's maritime regulations, ensuring safety and environmental responsibility.
Access to Guam Waters: Registered boats have access to Guam's scenic waters, including its beautiful coastline and nearby islands.
Financing Opportunities: Registered boats may be eligible for financing, making it easier to acquire and manage vessels.
Insurance Eligibility: Many insurance providers offer coverage to registered boats, ensuring financial protection in case of accidents or damage.
Potential for Higher Resale Value: Registered boats often have a higher resale value due to their legal status and adherence to safety and environmental standards.
Who can apply for the Turkish boat registration?
Guam Boat Registration is typically open to both residents of Guam and non-residents, making it accessible to boat owners of all nationalities without specific residency requirements.
What is the procedure to register a boat in Guam?
To register a boat in Guam, you typically need to follow these steps:
- Make an order online
- Pay the registration fee
- Provide us all the necessary documents
- We will send you the documents to be signed
How long is the Guam boat registration valid for?
Boat registration in Guam is typically valid for 1 year. We can help you with easy renewals.
What documents are required to register the boat in Guam?
- Proof of Ownership: Original bill of sale, transfer of ownership, or notarized sales contract.
- Boat Specification: Detailed information about the boat's specifications and features.
- ID/Passport: Identification documents for the boat owner(s).
- Proof of Residence: Evidence of residence in Guam (if applicable).
- Previous Registration: Documents from the boat's previous registration (if applicable).
- Insurance Certificate: Proof of boat insurance coverage.
- Customs Declaration: Declaration of the boat's customs status if imported.