Yacht Registration Under The Delaware Flag
We register boats under the Delaware (USA) flag - Worldwide valid registration
YACHT REGISTRATION DELAWARE (USA) is a nautical service registering new, second hand and home build boats, jet skis and other vessels under the Delaware (USA) Flag registry. Delaware (USA) is one of the most widely chosen jurisdictions for ship registration. The Delaware (USA) flag registration is accessible to boat owners around the world as there is no obligation of residence in Delaware (USA).
How does it work?
STEP 1 – WE SET-UP A DELAWARE LLC (LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY) FOR YOU
A non-US citizen may own a Delaware LLC which in turn can own a vessel registered in Delaware. We setup this LLC for you but it is 100% owned by you. You then make a bill of sale selling your boat to your own new Delaware LLC. The Bill of sale has to be notarized which is easy since you are both the seller (person) as well as the buyer (your company) This LLC is used solely for the ownership of your boat and will therefor not need to pay any taxes. The setup of the LLC will only take about 5 days. You can use our sample Bill of Sale or use your own.
STEP 2 - WE REGISTER YOUR VESSEL UNDER DELAWARE FLAG
Once your LLC is formed and you have notarized the Bill of Sale we will apply for your Delaware yacht registration. This will take about 2 weeks. Once you received your registration your vessel must fly the US flag in any international waters around the world.
Advantages of registering a vessel in Delaware, USA:
There are several important reasons for vessel owners to register their boat under the Delaware (USA) flag: rules and regulations are less strict than most other countries, the costs are much lower, it is valid for 3 years and it is valid around the world. On board of a boat the law of the Flag applies, in this case the Delaware (USA) law / legislation. We have clients from around the world that register in Delaware. Advantages of registering a vessel in Delaware, USA:
- A non-US citizen may own a Delaware LLC which in turn can own a vessel registered in Delaware
- Delaware has no sales tax, personal property tax, intangible tax or stock transfer tax.
- Delaware has NO corporate income tax assessed for income derived outside of the State of Delaware.
- A Delaware LLC can protect the boat owner from personal liability that may stem from any damage that can possibly occur, whether the fault of their boat or the operators of their boat at the time.
- Sheltering a boat under a Delaware LLC also allows the owner to maintain his/her privacy. In Delaware, information about the members of an LLC is not required to be filed with the state, and is not on the public record.
- Cost of registration and incorporation of a Delaware company is inexpensive.
- Cruise in the United States (you must fly the flag of the country of the owner of the LLC)
- Your registration is valid around the world
What documents are required to register in Delaware under US flag:
The documents required to register your boat vary depending on if the vessel was new OR used when you bought it.
FIRST TIME DELAWARE REGISTRATION OF USED BOAT
- Duly filled-out DELAWARE BOAT APPLICATION FORM.
- Duly filled-out US LLC CORPORATE APPLICATION FORM as per the following link that may be submitted online.
- Notarized Bill of Sale between the previous owner (is you) and the new Delaware LLC that we setup for you – click here to use our Bill of Sale example
- If previously registered in another registry please provide the deletion certificate.
- The lien release (if applicable).