The Government of The Iceland requires all boats and jet skis to be registered. The registration process is designed to assist private boat owners in obtaining their registration in an efficient manner. This includes providing the necessary information such as the vessel's name, length, and engine information, as well as proof of ownership.
Anyone who owns a boat and complies with the conditions established by the Iceland registration department is eligible to register their vessel.
Boat registration helps in ensuring safety, security, and proper enforcement of marine regulations. The specific process and requirements for boat registration may vary depending on the type and size of the boat.
Iceland Boat Registration Advantages
- Breathtaking Landscapes: Explore Iceland's stunning coastline with dramatic fjords, glaciers, and volcanic landscapes offering picturesque boating experiences.
- Rich Marine Life: Encounter diverse marine life, including whales, seals, and various bird species, making Iceland a paradise for wildlife enthusiasts.
- Marina Facilities: Iceland provides well-equipped marinas and harbors, offering essential amenities, boat services, and safe mooring options.
- Midnight Sun and Northern Lights: Experience the unique opportunity to sail under the Midnight Sun during summer and witness the enchanting Northern Lights in the winter.
- Efficient Registration Process: Icelandic maritime authorities are known for their streamlined boat registration process, making it accessible to both residents and foreign boat owners.
- Year-Round Boating: Enjoy year-round boating with Iceland's temperate maritime climate and the opportunity to ice sail on frozen lakes during winter months.
- Adventure and Exploration: Iceland offers countless opportunities for adventure, such as exploring hidden coves, hot springs, and unique geological formations.
Who can apply for the Iceland boat registration?
Boat registration in Iceland is open to residents, non-residents, companies, clubs, and government entities.
What is the procedure to register a boat in Iceland?
The registration process is very simple.
- Please Make an order online
- Pay the registration fee
- Provide us all the necessary documents
- We will send you the documents to be signed
How long is the Iceland boat registration valid for?
Boat registration in Iceland is typically valid for 1 year.
What documents are required to register the boat in Iceland?
- Proof of Ownership: Bill of sale, deed of sale, or transfer documents demonstrating boat ownership.
- Boat Specifications: Details on the boat's make, model, size, engine specifications, and any relevant safety equipment.
- Valid Identification: A valid passport, national ID, or other government-issued identification.
- Payment Receipts: Proof of payment for boat registration fees.
- Insurance: Proof of liability insurance coverage for the vessel.
- VAT Payment Proof (if applicable): Required for boats purchased within the EU, proof of Value Added Tax (VAT) payment may be necessary.