The Government of The Lithuania requires all boats and jet skis to be registered. The registration process is designed to assist private boat owners in obtaining their registration in an efficient manner. This includes providing the necessary information such as the vessel's name, length, and engine information, as well as proof of ownership.
Anyone who owns a boat and complies with the conditions established by the Lithuania registration department is eligible to register their vessel.
Boat registration helps in ensuring safety, security, and proper enforcement of marine regulations. The specific process and requirements for boat registration may vary depending on the type and size of the boat.
Lithuania Boat Registration Advantages
- Legal Compliance: Registering your boat in Lithuania ensures compliance with local and international maritime laws.
- Ownership Proof: It provides legal proof of ownership, which is important for insurance, resale, and dispute resolution.
- International Travel: Lithuanian registration allows your boat to navigate in international waters without restrictions.
- Tax Benefits: Lithuania offers favorable tax conditions for boat registration, potentially reducing tax burdens.
- Marina Access: Registered boats may receive priority access and discounts at Lithuanian marinas and ports.
- Safety and Rescue: Registration aids in search and rescue operations, enhancing boater safety.
- Resale Value: Registered boats often have higher resale values due to their legal status and documentation.
- Limited Liability: May provide limited liability protection in case of accidents or legal issues.
- Easier Insurance: Insurance providers often offer better terms and rates for registered boats.
- Navigational Rights: Registration can grant certain navigational rights in Lithuanian waters and ports.
Who can apply for the Lithuania boat registration?
- Lithuanian Residents: Lithuanian citizens and residents can register boats.
- EU Citizens: Citizens of EU countries are eligible for registration.
- Non-EU Citizens: Non-EU citizens can apply with restrictions and special conditions.
- Legal Entities: Companies and legal entities can register boats for commercial use.
What is the procedure to register a boat in Lithuania?
The registration process is very simple.
- Please Make an order online
- Pay the registration fee
- Provide us all the necessary documents
- We will send you the documents to be signed
How long is the Lithuania boat registration valid for?
- Initial Validity: Boat registration in Lithuania is typically valid for 1 year.
- Renewal: Registration must be renewed annually to maintain its validity.
What documents are required to register the boat in Lithuania?
- Proof of Ownership: Original bill of sale or notarized sales contract.
- ID/Passport: Identification documents for the boat owner(s).
- Residency Proof: Evidence of residency in Lithuania if applicable.
- Previous Registration: Documents from the boat's previous registration, if applicable.
- Measurement Certificate: Vessel's measurement certificate.
- Builder's Certificate: Certificate from the boat manufacturer.
- CE Marking Certificate: If applicable, a conformity certificate for safety standards.
- Insurance Certificate: Proof of boat insurance coverage.